RUSSIA - COSTAL BROWN BEAR
(Ursus arctos beringianus)
OKHOTSK SEA COAST
True costal brown bear hunting in one of the last great wildernesses on the planet!
This is an 8 day hunt from remote tented camps. We are talking true adventure here! We have multiple camps set up along the coast with only two hunters in each camp. Camp includes cook, camp staff as well as one guide per hunter and interpreter. Hunters are transferred to the hunting camp on the day of arrival in Okhotsk.
Brown bears are hunted usually within a 2-5 mile/3-8 km range outside the camp. A motor-boat can be used in the process of a brown bear hunt to reach the far away territories inhabited by the bears. However, it is illegal to shoot at a bear from the motor boat. Thus, the boats are used for transportation only and the hunters will be able to take a shot at a bear once they go ashore. The use of a motorboat enables hunters to cover larger territory, thus significantly raising the chances of success. Possible to see 10 plus bears per night!
You will arrive at Okhotsk airport in the morning and transfer to a sturdy sea going vessel. This larger ship drops guides and hunters along the coast at the various camps. Each camp has smaller boats that will be used to get ashore and to move about during the hunt. We assist with all necessary air information to get to Okhotsk.
NOTE: If conditions warrant due to factors like ice flows, weather, etc it is possible to recall the large boat and move to another location. We will do whatever it takes to get you on bears!!!
The hunting group is placed in the tents. Breakfast and dinner are cooked on the gas stove and/or campfire by camp cook. Bagged lunch is provided daily. The camp is equipped with a field toilet, a field bath-house, a mobile electric power station.
The guests are provided with the tents, mats and field-kitchenware.
2 bears - $9600.00
- 2 trophy bears per hunter
- Transfers from Okhotsk airport
- 1 x 1 guide
- Cook, camp staff, etc.
- 1 smaller boat in camp per 2 hunters
- Trophy processing
- International flights
- Flights Khabarovsk - Okhotsk – Khabarovsk ( about $ 500).
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Khabarovsk (Usually one night coming and one going)
- Delivery of trophies from Okhotsk to Moscow and to the client’s place of residence.
- Registration of CITES and the international veterinary certificate.
- Organization of documents for the export of trophies from Russia and delivery are paid by the hunter on their own to the delivery company.